Saturday, October 10, 2009

Daddy's Hunting Bambi?

Lauren always has something very thoughtful to say. She makes me laugh at some of things she comes up with. But it was earlier today, that she left me speechless.

You see, she knows that her daddy and her uncles (the guys in the band) went on a short hunting trip. In fact, Billy and her talked about it last weekend before he left. She was excited and told Billy to bring her back some antlers for her house (the pink playhouse.) He laughed and told her that he would try. I don't think he realized what this would mean.

Today we were talking. Reading Bambi and getting ready for nap time. Lauren looked up at me, with those big eyes of hers, and asked me, "Is daddy hunting Bambi?" I didn't know how to explain that one. I told her that he wasn't hunting Bambi. Because Bambi is safe, in his own forest. No one gets to hunt in Bambi's forest. But I really didn't know what to tell her. How do you explain that?

I didn't know what to say. I figure Billy can cover that when he gets home. By the way, they have already gotten 2 elk. Lots of guys, 2 elk, not a bad trip. We are just going to have to explain that to Lauren. For now, I promised her ice cream when she wakes up!

~Manders

No comments: