Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh Mrs. Paula!!!

One of the things, that I really wanted for Christmas, was Paula Deen's new cookbook. The Southern Cooking Bible. I'm not from the South. I'm from the Southwest. But my husband, he's from the South. And he enjoys his Southern Cooking!

Over the last 6 1/2 years, I've picked up on some of his favorite recipes. I ALWAYS convince my mother-in-law, to show me something new. Because, I want to make my man happy! ;) But I've been looking for a good cookbook. One that I'd use often. And would really enjoy. That's when I heard about Mrs. Paula's new book!



I'm not lying when I say this. It's the only thing I asked Billy for. And he thought I was nuts! I know he did. He happened to tell my MIL about it. And she thought it was a cute idea. But it wasn't until my dear sister-in-law heard, that someone finally took me serious.

I was so pleasantly surprised, when I opened my Christmas present, from my BIL and SIL. It was my cookbook! And let me tell you, Mrs. Paula didn't disappoint! This is such a great cookbook. It makes me want to run out, and buy a copy for each of my friends, and my sister. :)

This is one of those cookbooks, that I'm going to get a lot of use out of! I've already tried 5 or 6 recipes. My favorite thus far, being the Banana Cream Pie! Yum! I just made it right before we went to Las Vegas, and I already want to make it again. :) Let me tell you, this is a must have!

~Manders

No comments: