Friday, January 27, 2012

New in 2012: College Basketball

We're really trying to do new things, as a family, in 2012. I should start off with, I'm not a big sports fan. At all. I've just never gotten into it. But I'll try and watch with Billy. I enjoy a good rodeo. Or a football game...because of my brother. He played football in high school. But that's usually were it stops and starts for me.

We live near a college town. And I can count the number of times, that I've gone to a game. 3 times! And they were all football games. It's probably been 3 years since we've gone. Yes, it's been a while. Although, whenever there is a football game, of any kind on, it's on in our house.

Billy and I were talking the other day. We like to take our kids on adventures. We go to all sorts of places. But honestly, most of our activities, are for our daughters. And we were starting to feel guilty. That's when the idea of going to a game, came to mind.



It took a bit of planning. A trip to the college bookstore. Our kiddos needed some new outfits! And we were on our way. We wanted our kiddos to really enjoy the entire experience. So there were hotdogs, popcorn, nachos, and some sweet treats. We had foam fingers, pom-poms, and some bells that they handed out.

I never thought that we'd have that much fun. But it was a night full of fun! Our kids never complained, or fussed. They cheered for our team. Jumped up and down, every time they scored. Pistol Pete was the bees knees to them! I have to admit it, I had a great time too. Right now, I'm looking at the schedule. Wondering when we can go back again. Ya, it's something that we're going to be doing again. I'm sure Robbie appreciates it! You know, doing some boy stuff.

~Manders

No comments: