Monday, January 2, 2012

It's 2012...Great News!

Where do I begin? 2012, is already off to a GREAT start! I'm pretty sure, that it's safe to tell you all. Megan and Robbie, our good friends, got engaged. Shortly after midnight, on New Year's! :) It was super sweet. They've dated for a long time. A super long time! But then again, Billy and I only dated for 4 months, before we got married. :)

Robbie had everything planned out. He bought the ring, and then asked all of us ladies, what we thought about it. Honestly, it was perfect. Just what Megan likes. The BBs were performing. And right before midnight, all of us "significant others," joined the band on stage. We counted down until midnight. And before you knew it, Robbie was down on one knee! It was so perfect. And beautiful!



In other great news, my little brother who's in the Marines, is coming home! He has been stationed overseas, for almost his entire career! Let me tell you, it completely stresses me out. I pray for him, multiple times a day. But I know, that he's doing exactly what he wants to do. We had a serious talk one day, and he told me, this was his calling. This is what he's supposed to be doing with his life. I respect that. And I'm so proud of my brother. But let me tell you, when he told us, that he was coming back to the USA in September, I just about died of happiness!

Like I said, I know that he enjoys his job. To him, it's his calling. But it will be nice, to have my brother a little closer to home. In a much safer environment. At least for a little while. I know that our entire family, is looking forward to this.

And the last of our big and happy news, Billy's brother and his wife, are expecting baby #6! We're so happy for them. I think that this is going to be their last little one. So it's a little bittersweet. Do you know what I mean? We felt the same way, with our twins. We were excited about our twins. But we were sad, knowing that we wouldn't have anymore babies.

Yes, 2012 is already looking up. So many great things to look forward too. 2 days in, is your 2012 looking good? I hope so. With the state of the world, and our country, we all need something to hold onto. Something to give us some hope.

~Manders

No comments: