Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lipcolor that Lasts



I always get questions about Lola's makeup. Mostly about the lasting power. Because she works long gigs. Many times, Lola has 4 or 5 costume changes, during 1 show. These are very long shows. Costume changes are less than 2 minutes. Not much time to touch up her makeup.

I rely on long lasting products. One of my favorite products is Covergirl's Outlast lipstain. It comes in a variety of colors. We've tried all of the shades available. They are all beautiful. And are relatively inexpensive. The most expensive I've seen one of these lipstains is $9. Also very easy to find.

I want to share a few tips about wearing a lipstain with you. First, make sure that your lips are exfoliated. And moisturized. Apply a lip balm 10-15 minutes before the lipstain. To ensure that it's completely dry. Before applying the lipstain, ensure that here are no other products on your lips. Like foundation, powder, or facial moisturizers. This will allow the lipstain to set completely.

The application is extremely easy. The marker makes for easy application. And very precise application. If you do happen to make an application mistake, quickly wipe away, before the product dries. If the product does set, use a Q-tip and makeup remover to clean up the mistake.

This is really one of my favorite products to use for Lola. Even for myself. I don't have much time to reapply my makeup with 3 small children. The only downfall to a lipstain is, that it's slightly drying. After the lipstain is completely dry, add a lip balm or clear lipgloss on top. Your lip color will last all day.

~Manders

*FTC: All items have been purchased by me. All my opinions are honest, and I'm not being paid to review these products.

No comments: