Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dreaming

I've been dreaming about going to a spa. Just having a few hours to myself. To stop and breathe. Perhaps have a meal without holding one of my children. And maybe just maybe, not feel like I'm a feeding machine.



Doesn't this look so peaceful and relaxing? Maybe I'm just tired. It's nearly 5am, and I swear, the last time I looked at the clock, I was putting my son down for the night. He had just ate. It was nearly 1am. Here I am, feeding him again. He's an eating machine!



Just a few minutes. Sans husband. Sans kids. Just me. With no worries. Just 5 minutes. To stop and breathe.



and a massage! What I would do for one of those! It's been months. Maybe even a year. It's not that I don't love my kids. I love them with all my heart. They are my world. And I would do anything for them. But mommy, she's tired. Breastfeeding twins is like a 18 hour job. I love it. But at the same time, I just want 5 minutes.

My son is done eating. Maybe I can catch a few minutes of sleep before Abby wakes up. She is like me. She likes her sleep. And Billy, well he'll keep Lauren entertained until 7am, when he goes to work. Time for mommy to get a little more sleep. :)

~Manders

No comments: