Monday, August 9, 2010

This Heat!



This heat is driving me nuts! I know that we live in the desert. But at some point, even we have to say it, the heat needs to go away. I'm tired of triple digit weather. I'm sure my kids, especially Lauren would LOVE to play outside. I know that I would enjoy a nice afternoon outside.

But with this heat, it would be irresponsible to drag my kids out when it's over 100 degrees outside. We have a swimming pool. But I can't even imagine dragging my kids out there. It's just too hot. So we stay inside between 10am and at least 6pm. It's horrible!

Especially in this little town. There's not a whole lot of things we can do inside. I've been really good keeping our kids entertained. But I'd really like to enjoy our backyard. I would LOVE to let Lauren play in her playhouse.

So summer heat, do you think you can go away? I mean, at least cool down to 90 degrees. I think we can handle that. Because these triple digits, I can't handle those. Neither can my kids. And as much as we love our air conditioned home, we'd LOVE to explore outside!

~Manders

No comments: