Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Plum Eyeliner



One of my favorite trends for Spring is plum eyeliner. I've always liked the color with my brown eyes. I especially enjoy this look for daytime makeup. The plum eyeliner is definitely a softer look than black eyeliner. Which many people say is too harsh for their liking.

Many women can't "pull off" the darkness of black eyeliner during the day. But they want a bit more drama than brown eyeliner. Other women like to try different colors to add some fun to their makeup. I find that plum is a very happy compromise. It's a splash of color. With just the right amount of darkness for daytime. And for the brown eyed ladies, it really makes your eyes "pop!"

Some of my favorites are MAC's Prunella, Sephora's Wild Spirit, Bare Escentuals' Plum, Urban Decay's 1999, Make Up For Ever's Shimmering Plum 4L, and even Revlon's Blackberry. Revlon's Colorstay eyeliners are a nice "bang for your buck." Especially if you're on the fence about colored eyeliner. I'd definitely give it at try!

~Manders

No comments: