Sunday, October 3, 2010

Peonies



Do you see how gorgeous these flowers are? They are peonies. Beautiful! My mother-in-law, she has some beautiful peonies. All different colors. And she inspired me to try to grow some.

In the Spring, I planted some of these beautiful flowers. Not the plants. I bought bulbs. For 4 or 5 different colors. I planted them outside. Near our patio. And I hoped that they'd grow into gorgeous bushes. Because I wanted to cut off some of these blooms. I wanted to be able to put them around our home.

But like my lilies, my peonies didn't grow. They didn't come out. Not a crack out of the ground. What is going on? Maybe I should have just bought the plants. But they're so expensive! I'm not a gardener. But I'm also not a failure. I'm going to try again next Spring.

~Manders

No comments: