Sunday, March 25, 2012

Little Chaps

My nephew is nearly 6 months old. I can't believe it! Where has the time gone? I wish that we could see him more often. But with Lauren in school, well we just don't get to Texas as much as we'd like.

But our little buddy is getting big. And scooting around. If you haven't noticed by now...my hubby is a cowboy. A genuine cowboy! He used to be a bull rider. No lie! Thank goodness he was ending that chapter of his life, when we met. But it's an important part of our life.

With that being said, Lauren has been "Mutton Busting" for a few years. Robbie, loves to chase animals around the yard. Abby is the only one, that is happy, to just look at the animals. But we still love to dress up our kiddos. They have many pairs of Wranglers...and boots!

I got to thinking. I want to make my nephew something. Something that is "western" inspired. Cute. And that is useful. Remember I told you that he's nearly 6 months old? He's getting mobile now. So this pattern...well it just made me smile!



A pair of chaps! Perfection! My brother-in-law is totally a cowboy. Wears chaps every day. I think these would be incredible for our nephew. :) Perfect to put over his little jeans, as he crawls around the porch.

Another thing, I think you should check out Cobbler's Cabin. It's a great blog! Full of A-M-A-Z-I-N-G patterns. That I want to try out. Especially this sweater. I think it would look nice in navy. Just go see this wonderful blog. You won't regret it!

~Manders

No comments: