Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Working in Las Vegas

For the last few days, we've been in Las Vegas. Mostly for work. The band was performing. And more importantly, we got to spend some time with Lola, Hills, this guy, and this guy. Friends that we don't get to see often.

Working in Las Vegas is always a lot of fun! There are so many fun things to do. With shows every night. Unfortunately, we had to leave Lauren, with my parents. Because she's in school now. But we're lucky. That my parents are able to stay with her. And of course take care of her. Thank you Mom and Dad!

I'm not going to lie, we missed our little girl. But I know she had a great time! With my parents. I have a feeling, that many afternoons, were filled with ice cream and dolls. :)



We did get to take our twins with us. During the day, we enjoyed lots of the sights. The twins are at that age, when they just soak everything up! Our favorite place, was definitely The M&M's World! The bright colors, were an instant hit! And they were mesmerized with the Fountains!

I was lucky too! Anna Marie, watched the twins at night. When I had to go to work. Let me tell you, that was HUGE! Can you just imagine me, trying to do Lola's hair and makeup, with 2 tired kids?

There was a time, when the band worked all the time! Traveled a lot more. But in the last 5 years or so, lots of things have changed. Many of us are now married, with kids. Lola has moved. And well, I think we're all in a new phase of life.

So when we get gigs like this, we all enjoy them. I know, as a group, we could book more gigs. We're asked all the time! But as a group, we find it better, to limit the jobs we work. Right now, our personal lives, mean much more to us. And honestly, I like it that way. Besides, we're all close friends. And see each other weekly, if not daily!

Yes, it's been a busy time around here. But I'm happy to be home. With my kiddos. Doing the "ordinary" things. Like cuddling in bed, watching cartoons. As Billy gets ready for the day. And doing laundry, while making snacks, for my twins. These are the things, that life is made of.

When we're old and gray, I'm sure we'll remember, lots of our gigs. I might even remember the amazing shoes, that I wore Sunday night. To that important party. Right after our show. But it's these "everyday memories," that I'm going to cherish much more!

~Manders

No comments: