Sunday, March 4, 2012

Crochet Along: Week 2

And we begin! Week 2 of our Crochet Along, is were we start crocheting! For this week, our goal is to begin our blanket. And to get to row 24. This will complete the first "bunny block."



Remember, if you are having problems, feel free to leave me or Lola a comment. Or send us an email. We're here to help. As much as we can! Everyone encounters a problem, from time to time. And we'd love to help out, wherever we can.

As for me, we're just starting Week 2, and I already had a problem. A sorta major one. But I called up Lola. Who helped me out. You see, before we decided on a pattern, for this Crochet Along, there was a big sale. On yarn! The sale ended over 3 weeks ago. I figured the stores would have restocked by now. No luck! That's what I get, for living in a small town!

I went to Wal-Mart too. But between 2 crafts stores, and 2 Wal-Marts, I couldn't find enough of one color. :( Like I said, I called Lola. Who gave me this idea. Since I'm making this blanket for a Baby Shower present, why not use baby yarn? I ended up buying 2 big skeins of Bernat's Baby Sport. In the baby yellow. The skeins are 10.5 oz. And under $5 at Wal-Mart. Lola insisted, that I'd have more than enough with 1. She makes a similar blanket, that is larger, with 1 skein. Because it has to do with yardage, not weight. But I bought 2. Just in case!

Along with using Baby Sport, I'm going to use a G hook. Lola said this is essential, because of the weight of the yarn. It will make for a "neater" looking blanket. I might make some modifications to the pattern as well. Depending on how large the blanket is. Maybe add one "bunny block," in both directions. Again, I'll probably consult Lola. So if you are considering what I'm doing, and want me to post the modifications, let me know.

See, I told you that we all have problems from time to time. That's what this Crochet Along is all about. Helping each other out. Getting ideas from each other. And in the end, having a blanket to be proud of.

Personally, my goal for this week, is to try and get 5 rows done, a night. Because I know better. The weekends are tough for me. I like to spend time with my family. And there is usually little, to no time for crocheting. How are you doing so far?

~Manders

No comments: