Friday, March 30, 2012

New in 2012: Bunny Cake

My new thing this week, was making this Bunny Cake. I'm not a "fancy" baker. I make cupcakes, pies, cookies, cakes, etc. But nothing too fancy. Not shaped. Not bunnies. No fancy piping.

But this week, a few friends and I, decided to meet for a "Lunch and Play Date." For us and our kids. And I wanted to make something fun. Interesting. And something "Spring-y."

Lola pointed me to this recipe. Which was amazing! Now I feel like, I should have been doing this years ago! There were a few "challenging" things, but it was overall super easy! How could it not be? You use a box cake, and store bought frosting!



The thing I learned about making this cake was, to be a little patient. :) And to bake it, when my kiddos were napping. That worked perfectly! After I baked the cake, and "shaped it," I stuck it in the freezer. Just like the instructions said. It made frosting, and decorating it, so much easier!

Now that I've tackled one cake, I might try something else! I don't know. Something fun for Mother's Day. But I know one thing, I'll definitely be baking this cake, for Easter. I'm sure my family will enjoy it!

~Manders

No comments: