Monday, August 17, 2009

Clothes Lines


Yesterday when we were at my parents' house, Lauren asked, "What are those mommy?" She was pointing towards the clothes lines. It got me thinking. There are so many things that Lauren doesn't know about. Things from the past that just aren't around any more. My parents have clothes lines, but they never use them. My in-laws don't even have any. And they live on the Ranch. I guess the Ranch is a lot more modern, then the ones that people probably think about, when they think Ranch.

The only person that I know, that has clothes lines and uses them, is Lola. Lauren asked T-Lo a while back, why she hung her clothes outside. Lola sat next to her explaining. Lauren thought it was cool. She wanted me to hang her clothes too! She also likes that T-Lo has flowers growing on the side of the clothes lines.

Is there anything from the past that interests your kids? I was thinking really hard about this. Lauren is actually really interested in a lot of things from the past. I think I am going to start blogging about them more often. I just love seeing her explore the world and ask such grown up questions.

~Manders

No comments: