Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Feeling Crafty!

Today Lauren and I went to Hobby Lobby. We didn't have anything that we needed to buy. We also didn't really have anything on the mind to look at. We were just killing some time while Billy, J, and Lola were working on a project. But I soon found myself in the fabric department. I just wanted to look at the nursery fabric. We are far from knowing whether the baby is a boy or a girl. But I thought I would take a jump start on the fabric selection

When I was pregnant of Lauren, I picked Raggedy Ann and Andy or Little Cowboys as our nursery themes. Lola agreed to decorate the nursery for me. Partly because Billy and I were in Texas. And by the time we would move back, Lauren would be a few weeks old. The minute we knew we were having a girl, I called Lola. And she got right on it. She had just finished J's house and was all creative. When we got back, we had this amazing nursery. With Raggedy Ann and Andy sprinkled throughout. She even put in pink boots and a toy box that looked like a little red wagon. Joe had made it. Not that I didn't love the nursery that my mother-in-law and I had put together in our Texas house. But this one was absolutely amazing!

Today, Lauren and I got completely lost in the rows of fabric. And I have absolutely no clue what I want to use. I am thinking about the Little Cowboys again. But for a girl, I have absolutely no clue what to use. I like that I used Raggedy Ann and Andy for Lauren because it is a room that she has grown with. It was not exclusively a baby's room. And she absolutely LOVES the rocking chair with the big Raggedy Ann that T-Lo made her. I find her wrapped up in her Raggedy Ann arms when she needs quiet time. Gently rocking back and forth.

After an hour of looking, I am kind of leaning towards Strawberry Shortcake. The original one. But I am not sold yet. I am still open to something that sparks my interest. We are also very lucky that T-Lo has agreed to decorate the baby's nursery. And after all that fabric searching, Lauren and I bought some cupcake fabric. She wants T-Lo to make her an apron!

~Manders

No comments: