Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dollar Tree


After dropping Lauren and Maribel off at dance practice this morning, I decided to go to the Dollar Tree today. I just needed to waste some time while they had practice. I have always LOVED the dollar stores. When I was a kid, I would get so excited to go to the dollar store. Probably because we lived in a mountain community. And when we went to a larger town, I could buy a WHOLE BAG of stuff at the dollar store.

When the Dollar Tree Stores opened around here a few years ago, it just got worse. Because Dollar Tree is a little more high end when it comes to those dollar stores. They sell a lot of resale stuff from Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target. Yes, they do. I had a friend that worked there for a while.

Today, I spent a little over $100. And still don't know how that happened. I bought some small glass containers to use as candle holders. The same ones that you buy at Wal-Mart for $2-3. I also got a little carried away with the dish towels, pot holders, and oven mitts. But they were nice quality ones. That doesn't always happen. I also bought a ton of Fall decoration stuff. My parents are coming down to visit next week. And I thought mom and me could make some things. The ribbon alone was a steal at $1. Hobby Lobby has the same one for $12!!!

But it didn't end there. No it didn't! I got lost in the barrettes for Lauren. And ended up buying her $20 worth. I didn't forget about the G Girls. And spent another $10. Then I got lost in the books and coloring books. I don't buy Lauren toys there. Unless, I have seen the same ones at a store like Target. But books, yes I do. I bought her a bunch because she likes to read.

I also bought makeup. And before you say anything, it is the same stuff you would find at any drugstore. Today was Maybelline day. And I left with 6 mascaras, 5 shadow sticks, and 3 lipsticks. Did I need them? No. But it was a good buy. Things that I can use. It was nice that they were stocking as I was looking. Because the lady let me go through the stuff in the box. You just never know what you are going to find at the Dollar Tree!

~Manders

No comments: